Advertising during lockdown
Work, mobility, shopping, use of media – COVID-19 very quickly turned our daily lives upside down. Due to the current situation and the economic changes resulting from this, it has never been more important to stay in contact with your customers – even in the face of a lockdown. With our services, you can continue to reach your target audience seven days a week and at performance-based prices.
Clear Channel makes advertising during the lockdown worth it. With the new pricing, we offer a performance guarantee, and the Digital Convenience Network offers a platform with increased frequency in places where people can visit and can go shopping, despite the restrictions.
Guaranteed performance during Lockdown: new mobility princing
In light of the experience of the first lockdown, Clear Channel took an in-depth look at the mobility of the Swiss population and the impact on its own inventory. Clear Channel is now using the mobility index that was developed in order to dynamically adjust its prices to the mobility scenario for the next six weeks, and thus offer its partners a performance guarantee in the event of them advertising during the lockdown. Where necessary, the display period will be extended, the advertising material will be played out with increased frequency, and the campaign will be enriched with additional products.
The performance guarantee is based on the Google Mobility Index, with the reference value of average mobility taken from November 2020. For campaigns until 28 February, the new Google index value will be compared with the reference value on a weekly basis and the resulting percentage will generate additional performance. This is what defines the performance guarantee.
Google mobility reports on the coronavirus crisis
Google’s mobility reports provide information on what has changed due to the regulations introduced to combat the coronavirus crisis. The reports present movement trends in diagrams, broken down by geographic regions and place categories, such as: retail and recreation, supermarket and pharmacy, parks, public transport, workplaces and residential.
Highest reach during the lockdown: Digital Convenience Network
In addition, Clear Channel offers its Digital Convenience Network, a platform that will achieve the widest reach during the lockdown. Its 195 screens at various Coop Pronto petrol station shops influence buying decisions directly at the POS. As of today, the Coop Pronto shops are now open again until late in the evening and on Sundays to offer essential goods. The network offers the flexible possibilities of the digital out-of-home model such as targeted regional advertising, time specifications, selected days of the week or advertising coordinated with the current weather.
Seven-day presence across Switzerland – welcome to the Digital Convenience Network
With the new Digital Convenience Network, you can put your brand in pole position. 195 screens with 1170 ad spaces in selected Coop Pronto petrol stations provide national coverage through a DOOH network for the first time, with a customer frequency of over 10 million per month.
The largest Digital Convenience Network in Switzerland with national coverage thanks to over 194 locations.
- always-on advertising 365 days a year
- national coverage, presence in all language regions
- 10.4 customers per month
- 1.4 million gross contacts per month
- sited at the POS, where 70% of purchasing decisions are made
More revenue – never before has your advertisement been closer to the POS
- Positioned at the POS, where 70% of buying decisions are made
- 81% of daily journeys are linked to shopping. Advertising at the POS provides the last push before the decision to purchase
- 80–95% remember advertising positioned at the POS
- 70% would try a product due to poster advertising
- Sales increase of up to 20%
- High dwell time on petrol station premises
- Homogenous range in all Coop Pronto shops
- 29% of all ‘Fresh for Today’ purchases are made in convenience stores
- non-reflective screens, 55-inch and 65-inch, right by the entrance
- Level of visibility: 100%, directly facing entrance, cannot be clicked out of sight, fraud-free, anti-glare screens
- High-impact locations and context, quality location with high dwell times
- Running time: 365 days a year from 6 am to 11 pm
The rapid rise of the convenience market
- 51% of Swiss people shop for their daily fresh ingredients at traditional retail outlets
- 29% buy them at convenience stores
- participants in the convenience market are adapting the changed behaviour of the consumer
- focus on providing product offers targeted at on-the-go customers and for quick consumption
- varying product range with high degree of innovation
*Source: Nielsen, June 2019
Who can we reach with the Digital Convenience Network?
- an attractive, mobile target group: 20-49 years old, in multiple-occupancy households with and without children
- middle to high level of school education, 28% have a household income above CHF 10,000 pcm
- impulse buyers
- above-average affinity for brand products
- appreciate luxury and are connoisseurs of good living
- do not need personal recommendations and are not price sensitive
Interests of the target group
- Sports: 65% are very or quite interested in sports.
- Education and professional training: Affinity 116
- Travel: 72% are very or quite interested in travel.
- Finance, money, economy: Affinity 124
- Cars and motorcycles: Affinity 152
- Pets: Over 40% have a cat or dog. Affinity 110
*Source: WEMF, MACH Consumer 2019
Target group analysis
The affinities of “typical” service station customers:
Flexible transmission of your advertising materials
We will tailor the transmission of your material to your specific requirements. Enjoy the full flexibility of DOOH and decide what subject matter should be seen on what days of the week, at what time and by which target group, and what seasonal factors are significant to you. Do you want to display a different product in the summer when the temperature is above 30°C than when the temperature is below 30°C? You can with the Digital Convenience Network!
Individually tailored offers
If you are interested in a long-term presence or would like to find out more about our attractive combination options, we will put together an offer based on your request.