Performance is our business – when results count, you can rely on us.
Clear Channel is at home with out of home, using individually tailored campaigns to reach a wide audience or specific customers. How? We plan every poster campaign line by line. Clients can individually select our classic posters and screens for maximum impact. As a digital innovation leader, we put particular emphasis on our digital inventory. We added 200 new locations in 2020 alone, and we are continually developing new booking options, too. Clients who prefer automated access to our screens can use our programmatic solutions. If factors such as geographical location, language region, time or temperature are relevant, we can display advertising with a huge array of different options.
Here are some current examples of campaigns and projects that we have implemented in conjunction with our partners. Let us inspire you – and help you achieve optimum performance!
Digital Convenience Network - automotive
Mercedes-Benz Schweiz AG is the ‘first mover’ in the Digital Convenience Network!
For its GLA launch, Mercedes-Benz Schweiz AG partnered with PHD Media Switzerland/AMQ and Clear Channel Schweiz AG to secure pole position at Coop Pronto petrol stations – before sales for the Digital Convenience Network had even officially started. In this video, Christina Jaldón (Head of Marketing Communication, Mercedes-Benz Cars) and Denise Martin (Client Lead) explain why Mercedes-Benz Schweiz AG chose this strategy.
«Our target audience visits petrol stations very frequently. Both to refuel and to shop. The high-quality screens give us a wide reach, so that we can send out the right message at the right time to our dynamic target audience during their customer journey.»
naoo is the first ever integrated loyalty programme for the modern consumer, and enables shoppers to do more than just collect points.
- Duration: 26 October to 24 December
- Target audience: Zurich residents
- Interests: lifestyle, shopping, bars
- Advertising medium: (D)OOH, online, social media
- 40 poster locations in the city of Zurich
- Analogue and digital formats
- 180,000 views* (analogue)
- 85,000 digital broadcasts
- Exclusive OOH advertising from 26/10–04/11/2020
«The Clear Channel campaign played a significant role in the successful launch of naoo. The (D)OOH campaign launched before the other formats – next time I would start the digital and social media campaigns at the same time to derive even more benefit from their synergies.»
Branding Waitingzone with Chanel
A hint of magic in the run-up to Christmas with Chanel: the luxury brand’s latest campaign ran from 7 to 18 December 2020. The special campaign with the Branding Waitingzone was seen on the Bellevue and Central squares in Zurich – in both digital and analogue format. These attention-grabbing spaces are always in high demand among customers seeking a strong advertising presence.
Coop programmatic DOOH campaign
A programmatic DOOH campaign based on time and temperature/weather information. DSP = Splicky. Broadcasting on a yes/no basis (if the conditions were met, then the ad was broadcast; if they were not met, no broadcast)
The ad for fondue was broadcast when people were on their way home from work in cold, foggy, cloudy, rainy or snowy conditions, i.e. in any kind of bad weather when they might be inspired to spontaneously buy a fondue kit from Coop. The campaign was only broadcast on appropriate days and during commuting hours on Monday to Friday from 4–8 pm and on Saturday from 2–6 pm, when the weather meant that people might want to spontaneously purchase a fondue kit on the way home/while shopping.
Temperature: ≤ 10°C
Weather: foggy, cloudy, rainy, snowy
Duration and timing
01/10 –31/11/2020, Monday to Friday 4–8 pm and Saturday 2–6 pm
Throughout Switzerland (all language regions)
Type of deal
Preferred deal (non-guaranteed). A fixed CPM was agreed. The client carried out the time targeting (Monday–Friday 4–8 pm and Saturday 2–6 pm) and weather/temperature targeting on the DSP side.
Client USP I: special topic broadcasting
There was just one motif: fondue. No generic motifs were displayed when the weather conditions were not right.
Client USP II: special weather targeting
No costs were incurred when the above criteria were not met. The temperature/weather conditions specified by the client did not occur satisfactorily until around the beginning of November. Raising the maximum temperature to 15°C for bad weather (e.g. heavy rain, fog) and the fact that November was colder than October meant that the requests and thus the spending increased.
The advertising of tomorrow – digital out-of-home
What matters to us
- Target audiences, insights and analysis
- Creating, planning and implementing campaigns
- Technology and expertise
- Efficient implementation and measurement of out-of-home campaigns
- Top provider at petrol stations, points of sale and public digital out-of-home locations
- Rapidly expands reach
- Creates high advertising pressure
- Reaches mobile customers
- Geographical management – perfect for branch structures and political advertising
- Top provider in shopping centres and at points of sale
- Present in over 90% of Coop megastores and 80% of Migros MMM stores
- Over 70% of all purchase decisions are made spontaneously at the POS
- Up to 20% sales increase while a poster is on display
Development of the digital inventory since 2012
Let’s play − DOOH is scalable, dynamic and flexible
- Weather quality
- Customer data
Where? When? Why?
Smart combination of all pillars.
Programmatic for DOOH
Various ‘channels’ for Programmatic
The benefits of Programmatic at a glance
Our booking options at a glance
With the new Digital Convenience Network, you can put your brand in pole position. 195 screens with 1170 ad spaces in selected Coop Pronto petrol stations provide national coverage through a DOOH network for the first time, with a customer frequency of over 10 million per month.
The largest Digital Convenience Network in Switzerland with national coverage thanks to over 195 locations.
- always-on advertising 365 days a year
- national coverage, presence in all language regions
- 10.4 customers per month
- 1.4 million gross contacts per month
- sited at the POS, where 70% of purchasing decisions are made
More revenue – never before has your advertisement been closer to the POS
- Positioned at the POS, where 70% of buying decisions are made
- 81% of daily journeys are linked to shopping. Advertising at the POS provides the last push before the decision to purchase
- 80–95% remember advertising positioned at the POS
- 70% would try a product due to poster advertising
- Sales increase of up to 20%
- High dwell time on petrol station premises
- Homogenous range in all Coop Pronto shops
- 29% of all ‘Fresh for Today’ purchases are made in convenience stores
- non-reflective screens, 55-inch and 65-inch, right by the entrance
- Level of visibility: 100%, directly facing entrance, cannot be clicked out of sight, fraud-free, anti-glare screens
- High-impact locations and context, quality location with high dwell times
- Running time: 365 days a year from 6 am to 11 pm
The rapid rise of the convenience market
- 51% of Swiss people shop for their daily fresh ingredients at traditional retail outlets
- 29% buy them at convenience stores
- participants in the convenience market are adapting the changed behaviour of the consumer
- focus on providing product offers targeted at on-the-go customers and for quick consumption
- varying product range with high degree of innovation
*Source: Nielsen, June 2019
Who can we reach with the Digital Convenience Network?
- an attractive, mobile target group: 20-49 years old, in multiple-occupancy households with and without children
- middle to high level of school education, 28% have a household income above CHF 10,000 pcm
- impulse buyers
- above-average affinity for brand productsappreciate luxury and are connoisseurs of good living
- do not need personal recommendations and are not price sensitive
Interests of the target group
- Sports: 65% are very or quite interested in sports.
- Education and professional training: Affinity 116
- Travel: 72% are very or quite interested in travel.
- Finance, money, economy: Affinity 124
- Cars and motorcycles: Affinity 152
- Pets: Over 40% have a cat or dog. Affinity 110
*Source: WEMF, MACH Consumer 2019
Target group analysis
The affinities of “typical” service station customers:
Flexible transmission of your advertising materials
We will tailor the transmission of your material to your specific requirements. Enjoy the full flexibility of DOOH and decide what subject matter should be seen on what days of the week, at what time and by which target group, and what seasonal factors are significant to you. Do you want to display a different product in the summer when the temperature is above 30°C than when the temperature is below 30°C? You can with the Digital Convenience Network!
Individually tailored offers
If you are interested in a long-term presence or would like to find out more about our attractive combination options, we will put together an offer based on your request.