Die «CityMap» ist ein Service für Bewohner und Besucher von Städten, um sich gezielt zu informieren und zu orientieren.
City Map & Info makes intelligent use of outdoor advertising infrastructure, and provides residents and visitors with information and location services. Developed by Clear Channel in 2017 for the city of Lucerne, it’s now arrived on the streets of Zurich.
Alongside the interactive map, multilingualism and a menu that can be lowered for people with disabilities, the City Map & Info offers a wide variety of features. The homepage is modular, and in addition to the interactive map, it can show a wide range of additional (real-time) information, including:
- Latest weather forecast
- Public transport departure times
- Information about events in the city or tourism events
- Messages from the city or municipality
- Social media feed for brief and fast information
- Other content is available
- Freely selectable homepage from standard modules
The digital advertising sites with City Map & Info have a high level of acceptance among the population. Through a study carried out by Clear Channel and the city of Luzern, various opinions have been collected
- 90% said that they quite like or really like the screens, and that they suit the city’s image.
- 48% preferred the static content, only 18% wanted to see short films or similar. A quarter of those surveyed said that they would like to see both types of content.
- 68% of participants in the study said that they really like the additional information, with 27% saying that they quite like it.
- Over 90% also find content, such as the weather or city map, very useful or quite useful.
- 40% said that they’d probably try out the additional features and use them
- 76% said that the digital city map has a positive influence on the city’s atmosphere.
For the content that runs next to the advertisement on the screens, the following points were mentioned (in descending order):
- Tourist information
- City map
Please use the link below to order the complete study,